Orofacial Pain Treatment
Orofacial pain is facial or oral discomfort in the area above the neck, in front of the ears, and from the eye line down. This discomfort may include numbness, soreness, sharp pain, or burning. About 95 percent of such pain is due to dental problems like toothaches, abscesses in gums, or even dysfunction of jaw joints.
The following checklist can help determine if you could benefit from the services of an orofacial specialist:
- Have you had a root canal, but the tooth still hurts even after an extraction?
- Do you have severe pain around the eye and into your upper teeth, which wakes you from sleep?
- Do you have Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMJ) that did not respond to treatment?
- Do you have shock-like pain in your teeth that did not respond to treatment?
- Is there a change in your pain or has pain has spread or become worse despite treatment?
- Do you think you take too much medication, yet none seems to work?
Contact us for more information on Orofacial Pain Treatment or to schedule a consultation.